Friday, June 15, 2007

SHE'S MINE!!!!!

ITS OFFICIAL!
PAMELA TAPIA IS NOW BEING SUPPORTED BY MEEE!
im so excited! i feel like shes my little girl or something. haha. last week i went to the beach with my cousin maddison to a youth camp. The speaker supported compassion international which is something ive always been kind of intrested in but never really wanted to commit. so towards the end of the week he preached a whole entire sermon on how we are called to take care of the poor. it hit me. HARD. i felt so bad that i hadnt done anything. at first i was like "i dont even have a really steady job how am i gonna provide for this little girl" but then he said we spend so much money on coffee,clothes and cars but cant sacrifice just $32 a month to make sure a child is just being fed everyday!

and its so true. i spend way more than $32 dollars just hanging out with my friends on the weekend. towards the end of the message the speaker started laying the kids pictures on the altar saying "who will help _____" and said their names. it was so sweet. i wanted to get one. but the altar was so flooded with people that they even ran out of kids!!! i was amazed, so i knew then that i needed to finally commit and support a compassion child.
A few nights after that a new shipment of kids pictures and info came in! i thought i would just get online and search for the child i wanted , a little girl from peru, because my best friend Becky had been adopted from there when she was a baby,but for some reason i was just drawn to this little girl from Bolivia.
How ironic is it that as soon as i got home and showed my mom her picture and information she told me that the sunday i had missed at church someone had spoke at our church about going on a mission trip....to BOLIVIA!!!
it was so encouraging to know that this was something God wanted me to do and i wasnt just doing it because i felt guilty.
Anyways. today i paid my first payment so shes offically mine!!

1 comment:

Sheila Lackey said...

Kori,
I am so proud of you! God will bless you and He will provide the money. As proud as I am I still wish you would use capital letters.
I love you,
Momma